- Pay Rate:
£17.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- GUILDFORD, Surrey,
Full Job Title: Temporary Re-Matching Officer – Homes For Ukraine
Job Reference: Guildford 5216608
Pay Rate: £17.00 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
This role will provide support to hosts and guests participating in the Homes for Ukraine Scheme.
The role will focus upon ensuring effective and timely matching and re-matching of Ukrainian guests and host families. To help ensure successful relationships the post holder will have to understand the needs of the Ukrainian family and the potential host families.
The role will involve inspecting properties for suitability, liaison with potential and existing hosts and Ukrainian guests and conducting initial welfare checks once placements are made.
- To undertake visits to assess property suitability under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme.
- Maintain the register of potential sponsors available for re-matching
- Effectively rematch guests and hosts under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme by evaluating property suitability and location as well as compatibility and needs of both families
- To undertake an initial home visit to families and individuals under the Homes for Ukraine scheme to risk assess and identify any welfare needs
- To provide support to try to mitigate any breakdown in existing relationships to prevent the need for re-matching
- To maintain accurate records on Council and external systems and ensure administrative tasks are up to date
- To remain vigilant to safeguarding risks and where concerns arise use existing guidance and frameworks to take appropriate action.
- To work effectively with other colleagues within Guildford Borough Council to support the effectiveness of the Homes for Ukrainian scheme
- Participate fully in individual supervision and training that is identified
- To attend and participate in team meetings
- To build understanding and knowledge on national guidance around the Homes for Ukraine Scheme
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to at least A level / Level 3 vocational training or equivalent
- Experience of dealing with vulnerable people and people who are distressed
- Experience of multi-agency working – desirable
- Experience inspecting properties - desirable
- Awareness of legislation around safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and information-sharing - highly desirable
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Ability to handle complex and challenging situations individually and as part of a team
- Ability to make decisions when appropriate and take responsibility for them
- Ability to follow process and procedures
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Ability to engage with people building trust and rapport
- Ability to seek out support and call on the resources of the team when necessary
- Ability to be vigilant at all times to carry out the requirements of safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Literate and fluent in Ukrainian - desirable but not essential
- ICT Skills: ICT literate and able to use a range of software including Outlook, Word, Excel and databases at least to a basic level
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Access to a vehicle and full UK clean driving licence is essential as driving is required throughout the borough and maybe outside the borough on occasions
- Willing to work outside normal office hours on occasion
- Ability to travel to other locations within and outside the borough to attend meetings, training, home visits
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Re-Matching Officer – Homes For Ukraine
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.