- Pay Rate:
Up to £450 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Commercial Officer -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00062003
Pay Rate: Up to £450 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid Working, with 1-2 days per week in the Swindon.
- To work closely with project and colleagues to deliver commercial aspects of acquisition programme objectives, managing a range of stakeholders in the commercial process within the organisation, and other departments, and Industry, including input into Frameworks.
- Compiling, issuing, and evaluating tenders whilst reviewing work and working collaboratively with the wider Strat Com Commercial Team on best practice and lessons learned to ensure that the wider team benefit from the innovative commercial approaches you create.
- To initiate, develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders and enablers in the organisation, often assisting in conflict resolution or creating solutions.
- Providing commercial advice and guidance, ensuring all procurement activities represent best value for money, and all activity undertaken is in line with organisational procurement policy, applicable regulations, and best practice.
- To compile, issue and evaluate tenders whilst reviewing work and working collaboratively with the wider Strat Com Commercial team on best practice.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial environment, with ability to build on a skillset involving procurement, stakeholder management, contract negotiation and supplier management.
- A self-starter, who is confident with decision making, an effective communicator and is able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Confident with making decisions and have the self-drive and determination to deliver goods and services for our end users.
- Able to manage competing priorities, assess information rapidly, seek clarity or additional information where necessary and articulate needs or processes in a way that is understood by the stakeholder audience, bearing in mind that often such audiences have very limited or no procurement and/or requirement setting experience.
- CIPS level 4/or equivalent
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Commercial Officer - Procurement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.