- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, 30 and 22.5 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- HENGOED, Wales,
Temporary Administrative Assistant x3 - Catering
Reference no: Caerphilly 5222088
Pay rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
1 x FT post 37 hours (09:00-17:00), 1 x PT post 30 hours (11:00-17:00), 1 x PT post 22.5 hours (12:30-17:00)
To provide efficient and effective administration support to Catering Services. The main duties are to assess and authorise applications for free school meals, collection of income due for goods and services provided, coordination of meals on wheels to include maintenance of the production system, inform schools of eligible and non-eligible pupils of free school meals, maintain free school meal database, produce and deliver management information and liaise with schools and milk contractor with regards to school milk delivery changes.
- Collect income due and provide management information on income and debt.
- Ensure the collection of income from units is paid into the organisation's accounts in a timely fashion. This will also include cash reconciliation using relevant systems.
- Investigate and resolve queries with regard to the payment of invoices and where necessary liaise with other departments/organisations.
- Assist in the preparation of regular profit and loss reports for the organisation.
- Income assessment and authorisation of family entitlement to free school meals including notifying schools and parents, collation of data, corresponding with parents, schools and other bodies, producing reports, reconciliation of income and collecting debts.
- Deal with problems, queries and invoices, and assist in the production of marketing and promotional material for secondary schools.
- Processing and maintenance of the school milk returns data base and invoice system. Liaise with schools and milk contractor with regard to delivery changes, problems and queries.
- Control the organisation's petty cash and till/vending floats.
- Preparation of Management Information Reports - Supplier Complaints, Customer Comments, Missed Action Date Report, Outstanding Supplier Complaints Over 90 Days, Updating Training Database.
- Provision of a Help Desk service and liaise with schools, which includes training of clerks in the use of School Meals Electronic Registers.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C or equivalent Level 2 qualifications on the Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales OR Level 2 qualification on the Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales, for example Level 2 NVQ Customer Service.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of general clerical/admin work within an office based environment.
- Ability to communicate accurately and concisely with external suppliers/bodies and officers of the Council.
- Ability to provide clerical/training support across a diverse range of functions.
- Able to prioritise work and work accurately, paying attention to detail.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrative Assistant x3 - Catering
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.