Customer Contact Advisor – Environment & Community Services
Reference no: Wealden 822153
Pay Rate: £6.50 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Hailsham, BN27 2
- What’s involved with this role:
To deliver and maintain a high quality and reliable service to citizens and others contacting the Council in order to access services or information.
To update and maintain records within the corporate Citizen Relationship Management (CRM) database accurately and in a timely fashion.
To act as the first point of contact for the Council and to seek at all times to resolve the enquiry at the time.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Customer Contact Advisor experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Good standard of education GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above or equivalent
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to deal with difficult customers and complex queries in a calm and efficient manner
- Demonstrable customer service skills in dealing with the public, including on the telephone, in a front line customer services environment
- Experience of one or more of the following: benefits, council tax and non-domestic rates, housing services, environmental health services, planning services, county council and town council services, customer contact centre, CRM, Waste management
- Excellent communication including letter writing skills
- Casual car user, must have own transport or be able to make alternative arrangements for regular travel to Community Help Points
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Previous knowledge and use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Understands Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information issues
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Environment & Community Services / Admin & Clerical
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 1-2 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited