Building Surveyor – Property Services
Reference no: W Lancashire RQ142992
Pay Rate: £13.26 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Skelmersdale, WN8 8
- What’s involved with this role:
You will be part of a team of surveyors whose main function is to manage and deliver programmes of capital, cyclical maintenance and responsive/void repairs service to tenants and leaseholders efficiently and cost effectively, in conjunction with the Council’s external contractors. Duties to include:
- Prepare priced schedules of work, specifications and associated drawings for quotations and formal tender documents in accordance with the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations.
- Prepare estimates, work schedules and Bills of Quantities for budgeting and investment planning purposes where necessary.
- Assist in carrying out the preparation, letting and appropriate supervision of a range of response and planned maintenance contracts for the Council’s housing stock and maintain all necessary records required to administer and control the contracts.
- Diagnose causes of complex repair issues, recommend solutions, order and certify work, monitor and manage payment of completed works, maintain information on progress and financial status of capital works programmes and the responsive repairs service to enable adequate reporting.
- Undertake site surveys required to assess the need for future maintenance programmes and assist in the preparation of capital investment and planned programmes of work.
- Work with tenant groups and contractors to manage and monitor the pre and post inspection of capital, cyclical maintenance and responsive/void repairs works in accordance with performance indicators and targets and re-let standards.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007 (CDM) and primary Health and Safety Regulations relating to maintenance and construction works and knowledge of statutory, regulatory and legislative requirements as they apply to traditional and non-traditional forms of construction.
- Undertake statistical analysis for the production of reports on KPI’s on capital programmes, cyclical works programmes and responsive/void repairs service, including customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all works documentation is recorded accurately, in accordance with the Council’s procedures and maintain all databases, systems and project files and issue timely reports as required by the managers.
- Operate and actively assist in the development of appropriate computerised information systems and assist in the introduction of new technology
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Appropriate academic, professional or technical qualifications in surveying, building or construction (e.g. Degree in Surveying, Btec HNC, RICS or CIOB Membership) OR Qualified by experience to an equivalent level
- Experience of contract administration, budget and performance monitoring and construction partnering
- Experience in general building surveying and the ability to diagnose complex repairs.
- Experienced in the use of computer-based building and housing management systems and associated databases.
- Experience in compiling and running maintenance contracts for responsive and planned maintenance work within Social Housing.
- Working knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007 (CDM) and all other primary Health and Safety Regulations relating to maintenance and construction works.
- Ability to prepare specifications, design drawings and schedules of work for building related maintenance and refurbishment
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Housing & Regeneration/Property Services/Maintenance/Building Surveyor
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.