Network Migration Project Manager – Shared Services
Reference no: W Cheshire 818751
Pay Rate: £48.19 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Chester, CH1 1
- What’s involved with this role:
Required – an experienced Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager to lead a Public Services Network (PSN) implementation.
You will work on behalf of the customer (Cheshire ICT Shared Services) alongside the supplier (to be determined), to ensure the smooth transition of all current Wide Area Network services to a single service provider followed by the transition to the new managed service.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Worked in large complex environments covering hundreds of sites
- Previously managed a wide area network migration
- Liaising with multiple 3rd party vendors concurrently to upgrade/migrate networks
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure seamless transition into the production environment
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Local government experience
- Public Sector Network experience
- Knowledge of Government Connect security standards
- Able to operate at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills in addition to strong influencing, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present concepts and designs and project reports to all levels
- Ability to work in a matrix managed multi-client environment
- Capable of managing to tight timescales, under pressure
- Strong team player – able to lead and manage permanent members of council staff
- Experienced in PRINCE2 (project planning, management and control techniques – inclusive of all related documentation – for example, risk assessments, work breakdown structures, critical path analysis).
- Experience of monitoring and controlling resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and managing expectations of all project stakeholders
- Risk and issue management, through identifying problems, preparing mitigation plans and briefing stakeholders of the impacts and options to resolve and managing to completion.
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: ICT/ Network Migration/Project Management
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.