Network Coordinator – Transportation & Highways
Reference no: Tower Hamlets 821249
Pay Rate: £18.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply
NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER AND FULL POST CODE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ORDER – PLEASE ENSURE THIS IS FORWARDED TOGETHER WITH YOUR CV.[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
London, E14 2
- What’s involved with this role:
To provide high quality public highway coordination services, regulating and coordinating all activities on the highway such as public events, works undertaken by Statutory Undertakers and Tower Hamlets’ highway contractors and other major scheme promoters operating in the borough. Promote the expeditious movement of traffic and ensure that disruption and inconvenience arising from these activities is minimised.
- Operate as part of a team responsible for coordinating and monitoring street works and any other activity taking place on the public highway so as to fulfil the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA). Part of this duty includes the day to day running of the Common London Permitting Scheme (LoPS) for street works
- Act as lead office or as part of a team to manage the programming of events and other activities on the highway including major works programs to maximise the opportunities for joint working. Ensure that all activities that have the potential to affect the free flow of traffic on the public highway are carried out within current statutory regulations and in accordance with council policies and result in the minimum of disruption to the public.
- Facilitate those who need to carry out works on the public highway under a street works licence; this includes the granting of limited statutory undertaker status and monitoring of the works.
- To assess the proposed arrangement for all traffic management and working methods put forward by utility companies and other promoters on the highway ensuring that they take into account the Council’s approach to managing the network. This includes the provision of specialist advice on temporary traffic management and traffic movements to promoters and the provision of emergency response to resolve any problems that arise.
- Ensure the potential income from issuing permits for utility works and the inspection, monitoring and regulation of all highways activities is maximised.
- To produce, maintain and analyse records of all street works activities and supply comprehensive information as required for the department’s reports, statistics and invoices.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Streetworks accreditation
- Minimum of 12 months recent public highway coordination experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Understand permitting
- Understand LoPS
- Mayrise user
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- ***Qualifications and/or any other experience relevant to the job role to support your application – PLEASE GIVE FULL DETAILS WITHIN YOUR CV DOCUMENT. THIS IS IMPORTANT
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Communities Localities & Culture/Transportation & Highways/Network Coordinator
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 1-2 months.
- Hours per week: 35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.