Project Manager – Housing/ Investment & Development
Reference no: Thurrock 820431
Pay Rate: £20.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Grays, RM17 6
- What’s involved with this role:
To provide oversight of mobilisation and onsite delivery of projects within the Housing capital programme. To have lead site level responsibility of contractor delivery ensuring it is carried out in accordance with agreed obligations.
- To assist with ensuring effective contact governance arrangements are in place with contractors.
- To lead on the effective implementation of arrangements ensuing that contractors and consultants are monitored and managed. This will include regular operational meetings with contractors and performance managing contractors.
- To ensure contractors have timely programme properties and associated asset information to enable work to be carried out. This will include Transforming Homes and asbestos survey information.
- To ensure there are mechanisms in place to post inspect work, and that are robust systems in place authorising timely payment to contractors.
- To ensure on assigned projects that effective consultation with residents (tenants, leaseholders and other private residents) keeping them informed and that the tenant liaison role is effective. This will include informing tenants when work will be carried out, what work will be done, and dealing with any support that needs to be provided, particularly to vulnerable tenants. This will include attending tenants’ meetings, and leading the tenant monitoring steering panel. Some meetings will be outside office hours.
- To assist with ensuring contractors and colleagues provide information and updates on stock condition on projects for which this roles takes the lead to ensure that stock condition information is updated regularly with work done to ensure ongoing effective management of Housing Stock.
- To ensure that all health and safety issues are addressed in relation to staff, customers and all other persons, complying with corporate procedures. This will include ensuring that all necessary method statements and risk assessments are update in place.
- To ensure there are effective arrangements in place to identify and support vulnerable residents.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent, with management qualification or recognised project management qualification (eg PRINCE 2 practitioner)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project management with a demonstrable track record of successful achievement in this area –likely to be five years’ experience on order to be able to show the skill set required
- Track record of managing Housing Capital programmes or similar area of work
- Excellent high level project management skills, with experience of managing multi million pound contracts, managing multiple contracts over a number of different locations at the same time
- Knowledge of CDM and asbestos regulations
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Housing/Investment & Development/Project Management
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.