Technical Support Officer – Housing Management
Reference no: Stevenage 821237
Pay Rate: £8.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Stevenage, SG1 1
- What’s involved with this role:
To assist the Team Leader/AMMWM in effectively delivering all aspects of office and technical support functions for the Business unit.
Specific to the role:
This role at the beginning it will be mainly data inputting using Excel, SharePoint, electronic files at the beginning.
Duties may go on to include:
- Maintain and develop robust processes and procedures, ensuring technical support is provided to all officers in the Business Unit. Assist in monitoring and reviewing performance and quality standards,
- Work effectively as part of a team, motivating and supporting the Technical Support team
- Implement and maintain all office functions, processes and procedures within the Business Unit including tasks such as, works orders, invoices, minutes of meetings, financial budgetary information, forecasting information, complaints, letter writing etc.
- Work effectively with other team members to ensure the delivery of a consistent and responsive housing service
- Maintain the smooth and effective operation of office support within the Business Unit, liaising with Technical Support Officers and other relevant staff.
- Ensure the rules for maintaining information are applied within the Business Unit, ensuring audit, financial, probity and other safeguards, are applied and any breach of security is brought to management’s attention
- Maintain electronic and paper systems, to support the provision of accurate and timely information
- Assist in the handling of enquiries and complaints, ensuring that action is taken and customers are informed of progress in accordance with SHL policies and processes
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Technical Support Officer experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Minimum requirement is 5 GCSE’s at Grade A-C (including English Language) or NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent) or equivalent relevant skills and abilities.
- NVQ level 3 in Business administration or Customer service (or equivalent)
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Ability to analyse and resolve issues as they arise
- Competent verbal and written communication skills, sufficient to interpret information and produce effective responses.
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Knowledge of building construction and building services
- Practical knowledge of quality procedures & systems.
- Knowledge of health and safety and safe systems of working
- Knowledge of housing legislation, gas safety and asbestos regulations
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Housing Management / Admin & Clerical
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited