Customer Services Officer x2 – Housing & Community Services
Reference no: Southwark 822406
Pay Rate: £10.30 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
London SE15 6
- What’s involved with this role:
To interact with customers to provide and process information in response to enquiries, concerns or requests for Council services, in a manner sensitive to the particular needs of a diverse community. Deliver Customer Service excellence by providing advice and guidance by telephone, face to face, email, letters or text across a range of Council services ensuring swift resolution for customers. Exercise a high level of independent responsibility, may be required to work in remote locations in hubs and mobile offices.
Duties to include:
- Resolve customer enquiries from end to end, only referring on as a last resort
- Provide a front line customer service function demonstrating empathy and professionalism in an environment that may be demanding and stressful.
- Provide a comprehensive administrative service
- Interrogate the Council’s systems to provide information and resolution to customer enquiries in an accurate, professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Administer the Council’s customer relationship management system including checking, distributing works and closing tickets.
- Use windows based computerised systems to records information, draft letters and reports as required
- Encourage and assist customers to access Council services, forms and information via the Councils website.
- Record and maintain customer records, comply with Council policies and procedures and ensure confidentiality of customer information at all times.
- Ensure duties are undertaken in line with the Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation.
- Contribute towards the achievement of targets through achievement of services standards and customer service targets.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Customer Services Officer experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Knowledge of the role and duties of a social landlord
- Understanding of issues relating to equal opportunities
- Working knowledge of customer care and customer standards gained in either a public sector or commercial environment.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role, dealing directly with and advising customers
- Ability to work effectively with challenging priorities, workloads and deadlines
- Able to understand and effectively use legal processes
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to draft correspondence, information and reports to a high standard using appropriate technology
- Ability to provide a customer focussed service and communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Able to work outside normal working hours and at weekends as and when required.
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Housing & Community Services / Customer Services / Housing & Revenues
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 1-2 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited