|Date Posted||January 11, 2019|
Contract / Temporary
Norfolk 8353510549646 Temporary Norfolk Pension Fund Office Co-ordinator/Administrator - Pension Fund
Pay Rate: £10.92 per hour PAYE
[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
Where this vacancy is based:
Norwich NR1 2DH
What’s involved with this role:
Norfolk 8353510549646 Temporary Norfolk Pension Fund Office Co-ordinator /Administrator - Pension Fund
To act as PA to the Head of the Norfolk Pension Fund and Management Team; co-ordinate and support Pensions Committee, Pensions Oversight Board meetings; develop and manage other Pension Fund events; organise and manage the professional, efficient and safe operation of the Pension Fund offices on a day to day basis.
Duties to include:
- To ensure efficient use of time / resource and effective representation at all critical events (e.g. ACCESS working groups and chairs meetings, PLSA Steering Groups, National Scheme Advisory Board etc).
- Manage the Head of the Norfolk Pension Funds correspondence, filing and disposal of confidential documents.
- Co-ordinate agendas for Pensions Committee and the statutory Pensions Oversight Board; arrange pre-meets with Elected Members / POB chairman, investment managers etc; collate and format papers and documents, liaise with committee clerk and prepare exemptions (including the ‘public interest test’), ensuring all deadlines are met. Monitor outcomes and actions. Maintain training records and logs. Ensure POB details are published on website.
- Plan, organise and support the delivery of Pension Fund events (e.g. Employers Forums, Retired Members events, roadshows, Pensions Committee (Trustee) training, investment manager meetings, liaising as necessary with facilitators and attendees to ensure smooth and successful events. Lead on the development of content for retired members events, including sourcing relevant speakers and stall holders.
- Day to day premises management of the Pension Fund offices (Lawrence House), ensuring compliance with all relevant H&S and building regulations, NCC premises management policies and standards. Liaison with Landlord and NORSE FM to identify and resolve facility issues. Receive, verify and monitor payment of related invoices for associated costs (e.g. rent, electricity, insurance). Maintain office cover rota.
- Act as first point of contact for all visitors to the Norfolk Pension Fund, ensuring a professional, discreet and appropriate experience for the range of visitors (from bereaved or elderly scheme members through to senor Members, Officers and international Investment Managers).
- Maintain, update and publish the Norfolk Pension Funds Business Continuity Plan.
- Undertake research on behalf of the Norfolk Pension Fund, gathering information on the pensions industry and other Funds, to inform and develop presentations and briefings for senior managers and elected members, and for the drafting of communications
- Develop, monitor and maintain the log of issues / complaints, received by the Norfolk Pension Fund; allocate issues / requests and monitor progress to ensure their timely resolution and highlight lessons learnt / areas for improvement.
Pay Rate: £10.92 per hour PAYE
This is a temporary, but possibly long term role.
N.B. – Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Your CV needs to be current with your latest/present role, noting that we won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and thus improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately and without having to ask you for a revised version.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, ideally by way of bullet points that directly address the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
- We cannot put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in isolation contains all relevant information being called for.
- We recommend that you consider sending us by email (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, noting that job boards, sites and aggregators will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting...
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Skilled ICT user, familiar and competent with all office suite (e.g. excel, word, powerpoint and publisher)
- Excellent customer focus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and adhere to strict timetable
- Previous experience in a similar role
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Client Category: Local Authority
Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Pension Fund
Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Whilst our ads will appear on partner sites such as Indeed, they are also listed - and will appear first - on our own website: Triumph Consultants Limited: www.tclrec.com
*If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Job Ref: Norfolk 8353510549646
Temporary Norfolk Pension Fund Office Co-ordinator/Administrator - Pension Fund
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.