|Date Posted||August 10, 2018|
Contract / Temporary
N Yorkshire RQ321502 Temporary Project Officer – Technical (IMMEDIATE START)
Pay Rate: £15.94 per hour PAYE
[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
Where this vacancy is based:
Northallerton, DL7 8AD
What’s involved with this role:
N Yorkshire RQ321502 Temporary Project Officer – Technical
The core focus of this role is to support the implementation and management of a commercial property investment programme and a mobile phone coverage delivery plan.
Key responsibilities to include:
- to undertake market research to identify commercial investment opportunities
- to tender/procure professional services associated with construction projects, including contractors, specialists and technical studies. Analyse complex information to support the development of business cases making the case for investment
- to be responsible for the delivery of agreed projects to the required cost, time and quality
- to undertake due diligence work on proposed investments
- to produce regular progress reports and identify and manage project risks/issues
- to liaise closely with the private sector, district councils, the Local Enterprise Partnership and other key stakeholders
- to communicate ideas, research and business intelligence effectively both orally and in writing
- to write and present reports for relevant meetings and Council committees
- to proactively develop effective external relationships with the private sector, district councils, the Local Enterprise Partnership and other key stakeholders
- to work with internal service units, including legal, finance and property, as required to ensure delivery of the programme
- to support the budget holder to ensure that allocated project budgets are effectively managed with responsibility for the management of delegated budgets for projects
- within the constraints of the particular project, be responsible for directing the work of multi-skilled project teams
- to manage on a day to day basis consultants preparing feasibility studies and technical work
- to ensure that analysis of data and information is carried out to ensure an evidence led approach to intervention
- to ensure that appropriate mechanisms are in place for all projects to safeguard the position of the County Council
- to ensure an effective response to changes in national legislation and regulation
Pay Rate: £15.94 per hour PAYE
This is a temporary, but possibly long term role.
N.B. – Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Your CV needs to be current with your latest/present role, noting that we won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and thus improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately and without having to ask you for a revised version.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, ideally by way of bullet points that directly address the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
- We cannot put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in isolation contains all relevant information being called for.
- We recommend that you consider sending us by email (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, noting that job boards, sites and aggregators will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting...
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent project officer experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Relevant Degree or Equivalent Level Qualification
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Good understanding of public sector commercial ventures
- Good understanding and practical application of project management methodologies
- Good understanding of current legislation and Government interventions with respect to growth
- Good knowledge of Contractual Arrangements and Agreements
- Experience of delivering projects successfully and procurement
- Financial acumen: understanding of economics and commercial transactions affecting land and property and managing budgets
- Experience of analysing complex information to support the development of business cases
- Ability to manage the Tender Process
- Ability to produce high quality written briefings and reports
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Ability to travel across the County
Your National Insurance number for this vacancy, please. Sorry, we don’t make the rules, but our public sector clients now want this information at the point of CV submission.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Knowledge of commercial property investments
- Knowledge of the planning process
- Knowledge of the project lifecycle
Client Category: Public Sector organisation
Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Project Officer/Technical/Commercial Property
Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. This opening assignment is for 1-2 months.
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Whilst our ads will appear on partner sites such as Indeed, they are also listed - and will appear first - on our own website: Triumph Consultants Limited: www.tclrec.com
*If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Job Ref: N Yorkshire RQ321502
Temporary Project Officer – Technical (IMMEDIATE START)
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.