|Date Posted||August 10, 2018|
Contract / Temporary
CD/ Cambridge 5057324 P/T Interim Project Manager - HR Transformation
Pay Rate: £400 per day MAX PAYE plus paid holiday entitlement
[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
Where this vacancy is based:
Cambridge, CB2 3QJ
What’s involved with this role:
CD/ Cambridge 5057324 Interim Project Manager - HR Transformation
You will be responsible for the development of transformational business cases that will typically consist of people, processes and systems. To project manage agreed transformational change projects through from procurement to implementation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead in the planning and delivery of agreed cross-cutting high impact transformational projects to ensure delivery of savings, deadlines and required quality standards
- To develop robust business cases which provide the necessary insight upon which to make evidence based decisions.
- To apply the Council’s Project Management Framework for projects (using relevant project standards) to ensure that projects are defined, governed and well managed and benefits delivered
- To facilitate the gathering of business requirements through applying market knowledge/ research, analysis and interpretation of specialised complex information to generate ideas and formulate / source solutions.
- To work within the Council’s Procurement framework to develop tender specifications including working with other relevant Local Authorities where appropriate.
- Manage, lead, and support project teams to ensure that they meet their objectives and address any issues as appropriate.
- Engage with stakeholders and partners to ensure commitment to aims of projects through the use of effective influencing skills.
- Carry out any other duties as required by your line manager from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
Flexible approach to work, some can be done remotely. The role is part time over a 2 month period, this can be delivered by whole days depending on stage of work
Pay Rate: £400 per day MAX PAYE
N.B. – Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Your CV needs to be current with your latest/present role, noting that we won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and thus improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately and without having to ask you for a revised version.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, ideally by way of bullet points that directly address the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
- We cannot put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in isolation contains all relevant information being called for.
- We recommend that you consider sending us by email (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, noting that job boards, sites and aggregators will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting...
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV contains the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number that we can reach you on during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history, if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- The following specific skills/experience:
- Must have current knowledge of the marketplace for HR business systems, soft market testing, experience of producing full business cases and developing business requirements for tendering.
- Proven ability to operate a level consistent with degree level or equivalent
- PRINCE2 or MSP or equivalent Lean Systems Thinking/Six Sigma
- Experience of project management in a medium/large, multi-functional organisation
- Delivering successful outcomes from transformation related projects, including use of business systems and new ways of working
- Experience in the public sector
- Experience of procurement, gathering business requirements through to tender specifications.
- Experience of working with senior managers and stakeholders
- Practical experience of working to, and meeting, deadlines whilst under pressure
- Experience of being required to pay attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to analyse, manage and organise information and produce concise reports
- Excellent written communication skills, particularly the ability to write clear, compelling business cases and reports to suit the audience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and work to tight project deadlines with limited supervision.
Your national Insurance number, please. Sorry, we don’t make the rules, but our public sector clients now want this information at the point of CV submission.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Client: Local Authority
Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Project Manager / HR Transformation
Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. This opening assignment is for 2 months.
Hours per week: 37 Monday To Friday
Whilst our ads will appear on partner sites such as Indeed, they are also listed and will appear first on our own website: Triumph Consultants Limited: www.tclrec.com
*If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Job Ref: CD/ Cambridge 5057324
P/T Interim Project Manager - HR Transformation
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.