- Pay Rate: £16.26 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 37 Monday – Friday, between 07:30 – 18:30
- This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
- Hengoed, CF82 7PG
Experienced surveyor/project manager required. Experienced on Schools, Leisure, Office and Community buildings. Running projects from inception to final account. Produce tender documentation for planned maintenance schemes such as roof renewals, window replacement, boundary walls and fencing, classroom and toilet refurbishments. Competent in use of NBS, Contract Administrator, AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook (email). Car & driving license required to undertake site visits. Client facing role. Strong Contractor management and project management skills are essential. Compliance with Council policies and procedures.
To provide surveying and contract management services in relation to planned maintenance, refurbishment and improvement projects to Authority buildings (Non-housing).
Be the lead project officer on one or more projects at any given time. Specifically:
- Carry out site surveys and develop a project brief.
- Establish and agree a budget estimate and delivery programme.
- Prepare specifications, drawings and other tender documentation.
- Liaise with and manage the input of other specialists, eg structural, M and E, Asbestos.
- Collate planning and building regulation documents.
- Consult and communicate with the client and other stake holders throughout the project.
- Evaluate tenders and make recommendations to the client.
- Chair project meetings and administer the building contract.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Relevant Level 4 or 5 qualification on the Credit and Qualifications Framework For example HNC or HND in Building Studies
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Strong Contractor management and project management skills are essential.
- Extensive contract management experience
- Good working knowledge of:
- The maintenance of local authority buildings.
- Current building regulations.
- Building defects analysis.
- DDA design requirements.
- Fire regulations in relation to access and egress.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Full UK Category B (Cars) driving licence and the use of a motor vehicle insured for business / work purposes to travel throughout the borough to attend meetings and undertake site visits or existing Council buildings
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Senior Building Surveyor – Property Services
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.