- Pay Rate: £21.90 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- London, W11 4AT
Improve services for residents on the Lancaster West Estate by listening to and acting on feedback from residents and working closely and collaboratively with colleagues to deliver changes.
- Gather, listen and interpret resident feedback on services provided
- Co-design and deliver improvements and changes to services based on resident feedback
- Work closely with residents to develop new services which they will value and use
- Work with team colleagues to improve services for residents
- Identify weaknesses and risks in operational policies, procedures and processes and design and deliver solutions and improvements with colleagues
- Develop workflow charts and process maps and procedural documentation
- Gather, analyze and interpret data finding opportunities for meeting resident needs, operational efficiency and service improvements.
- Be comfortable using and managing data
- Conduct and facilitate workshops, meetings and stand-ups with staff and residents
- Hold people to account on delivering what they have said they will do, with tenacity
- Create, manage and update project documentation capturing actions, risks, issues, assumptions and decisions where necessary
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending if necessary
- Be a team player and promote a collaborative working environment.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree educated
- Knowledge of Agile methods required
- Knowledge of Service Design methods, a plus
- Understanding of digital tools, a plus
- Experience of Lean methods needed
- Experience of process improvement and redesign essential
- Skills & Qualities:
- Self-starter with initiative
- Communication skills
- Resident focus
- Relationship building
- Problem solver
- Critical thinker
- Team player
- Able to think laterally and connect disparate ideas
- Keen on detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office essential (Visio, MSDynamics and SharePoint advantageous)
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Project Manager – Service Improvement
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.