- Pay Rate: £20.66 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- London, SW2 1RW
Responsible for supporting the analysis of all contracts by providing continual reporting information with regard to performance and financial trends to ensure business effectiveness and financial efficiency is achieved.
To assist in the monitoring, development and implementation of modern contract and relationship management practices which will shape the future and facilitate the delivery of a quality solution.
To ensure effective links exist across the Facilities Management team, with contractors and other business work groups in the Council.
To assist the Business Manager in the preparation of the capital budgets for Business & Customer Services contracts.
To monitor the budget relating to contracts in Business & Customer Services and provide regular management information to the Business Manager and Leadership Team.
To contribute ideas, suggestions and feedback on systems and procedures to enhance the effectiveness and performance of the contracts.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Degree level or equivalent e.g. NVQ level 4 &/or relevant experience
- Significant experience of contract management
- Experience of monitoring and reconciling budgets
- Significant experience of working in a Customer Services, Finance or Local Authority management environment
- Experience of using computer systems in the production of statistical information
- In-depth knowledge of Local Authority financial controls, processes and standing orders
- Knowledge of budgeting, monitoring, business process improvement and financial systems.
- Detailed knowledge of risk management / financial control techniques
- Ability to build and maintain effective ‘project’ teams across multiple organisations/partnerships
- A committed team player, honest, loyal, and trustworthy. Keen to develop and continually improve both on a personal level and in terms of contributing to the performance of the authority
- Ability to analyse and solve problems with an appreciation of possible longer-term implications
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Principal Contracts Officer - Capital
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.