- Pay Rate: £ 24.13 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 1 - 2 months
- Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8QH
Enhanced DBS Required
To provide area leadership and accountability for the LA duty to improve the wellbeing of young children through the multi-agency delivery of integrated childhood services through Sure Start Children’s Centres and through Intensive Family Support for families with children 0-18 with additional needs.
Main duties to include:
- To participate in, or lead, corporate or directorate projects and assignments as required
- To contribute to policy development and implementation within the area of responsibility in response to government guidance, regulations and legislation.
- As a member of the Integrated Leadership Team for the Wellbeing, Care and Learning Early Help and Supporting Families Offer participate in the strategic planning, review and delivery of services within the Community Family Hub across the city including taking a portfolio lead in a priority of work on behalf of the team
- To collaborate with and support the Director in meeting the directorate’s business and service objectives
- To manage the staff, budget and activities of the Wellbeing, Care and Learning Early Help and Supporting Families Offer in order to meet its service and financial objectives
- To provide leadership for the Supporting Families Pathway ensuring the common assessment framework is fully embedded in local practice
- To ensure effective safeguarding practice and effective working with Children’s Social Care to provide local support for children subject to child protection and children in need plans
- To ensure that parents, providers, partners and other key stakeholders are involved in the planning, development, commissioning and management of integrated childhood services to ensure that services are responsive to local need
- To ensure that children are listened to in the planning and development services
- To ensure that the SSCC statutory guidance is fully implemented and that the Community Family Hub meets the requirements of the Ofsted framework
- To provide leadership and management for staff including staff from different disciplines and organisations to deliver services at the Community Family Hubs, including recruitment, appraisal and performance management in line with Council policy
- To ensure that volunteering is embedded and that volunteers are given appropriate support to acquire the skills and knowledge to work effectively within the Community Family Hub
- To be responsible for the procurement and deployment of any Community Family Hub capital, financial and physical resources in line with the current and future needs of children and their families
- To ensure that local services are supporting the most vulnerable families and particularly those who are most hard to reach to take advantage of integrated childhood services and ensuring access to Intensive Family Support as determined by need
- To ensure that services for children in the Community Family Hub area are fully integrated by ensuring that active participation and involvement of partners in planning and delivery
- To provide the leadership of the statutory multi-agency Sure Start Area Partnership ensuring the effective monitoring, evaluation and reshaping of local service and the involvement of parents and carers
- To take responsibility for the Performance Management Framework ensuring that the Community Family Hub evidence of continual improvement against the identified National Indicators, meeting Ofsted inspection standards and the outcomes of the Newcastle Families Outcome Plan facilitating the involvement of all stakeholders in the self-evaluation of the work
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Enhanced DBS
- Your Enhanced DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service
- Any qualifications relevant to this role
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of policy development
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Experience of staff management
- Experience of leadership
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of managing budgets
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Community Family Hub Lead - Community Family Hub
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.