- Pay Rate: £22.28 per hour PAYE.
- Hours per Week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Tower Hamlets, E14 9G
A Management Accountant is required to be responsible for capital accounting in the general ledger, and co-delivery with Property Services of good quality governance, monitoring and reporting of the Capital Investment Programme.
The post holder is required to delegate repairs budget, ensuring that effective management information is produced that is reconciled to the financial systems. The post holder is also expected to have impact on, and add value to both of these areas.
Duties to include:
- Responsible for Capital and Repairs general ledger. Ensuring Accuracy and completeness
- Lead for the year end close of capital and repairs in line with timescales, including the assessment of the correct level of accruals at year end
- Ensure clear and transparent governance around scheme authorisation and value for money in scheme estimates, and the payment processes for both capital and repairs
- Lead on developing and improving systems, both financial and non-financial
- Deliver positive change by working closely and collaboratively with colleagues in Finance, Property Services, SMT and audit
- Deliver accurate, consistent, monthly reporting of consolidated capital expenditure and repairs expenditure within agreed timescales
- Challenge and influence monthly forecasts
- Link financial information with operational information and outcomes
- Link capital planning and budget setting with the 30 year business plan
- Maintain the costing of the 5 year capital programme and projected cashflows
- Embed monthly profiling within capital and repairs reporting
- To be responsible for the closing of the capital programme and the repairs function, including the documentation of the basis for accruals at year end
- Support the across the finance team as directed by the Finance Manager
- Effective management and development of and delegation to the assistant accountant supporting this role
- To write complex analytical reports for Divisional Management Teams, EMT, Finance and Audit Committee and the Board and present those reports and take questions on the content
- To deputise for the Finance Manager
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Ideally degree educated
- CCAB qualified, or part qualified and actively seeking qualification - ideally should possess or be studying ACCA or CIPFA (Desired)
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of local authority capital finance and or repairs
- Provides excellent customer service in a respectful and timely manner
- Treats internal customers and external customers as individuals, seeking to understand their needs, communicating effectively with customers in a way which suits them and keeping customers informed
- Influences and negotiates with colleagues to deliver better services
- Thinks about the impact of their work on others and consider who else may need to be involved
- Makes the best use of the resources available to deliver the results required
- Has high personal standards and takes responsibility and ownership of the decisions they make. Tries to thoroughly understand problems and situations by asking questions, making use of technical knowledge and skills, and providing solutions that work for customers
- Keeps up to date with change, getting involved when they can and learning lessons from past situations to improve how, they and others can deliver excellent services
- Keeps knowledge up to date and develops skills to do the job well
- Report writing skills
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- High level of computer literacy, including Excel at advanced level
- Experience of budget monitoring, preferably in capital
- Experience of completing reconciliations and manipulating large volumes of complex data accurately
- Working with non-finance staff and managers
- Year-end close, preferably in capital
- Preparing and posting journals
- Meeting deadlines and managing own workload and competing priorities
- Negotiating and Influencing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to represent Finance at a variety of meetings with the ability to deputise for the management accounts & reporting manager as directed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Management Accountant - Finance
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.