- Pay Rate: £ 10.45 per hour PAYE.
- Hours per Week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, 05:45 to 16:00
- This opening assignment is for 6 months.
- Whitney, OX28 4XZ
Four Green Waste Loaders are required to support the company’s waste collection teams in terms of the areas of activity. The post holders must be physically fit and like working outdoors.
The post holders will also assist the Waste and Recycling management team and administrative staff in communicating information to ensure good customer service in the delivery of different types of waste materials, including providing residents with information where necessary.
Duties to include:
- to be responsible for ensuring personal health and safety by following safe systems of work, and by meeting the requirements of the health and safety policy
- to ensure that the company’s equal opportunities policies are followed and actively practice social inclusion within own area of service
- to read and respond to corporate communications and information which is disseminated
- to participate in the company’s agreed performance appraisal system
- ensure all resources (including refuse collection vehicles, wheeled bins etc) are used safely, legally and efficiently
- to comply with standing orders, financial regulations and all other company policies and systems for ensuring financial probity
- to undertake training on the safe operation and use of a range of waste vehicles, particularly lifting and compaction equipment where necessary
- to load different types of waste materials presented in to the relevant vehicle, and where appropriate operate compaction or other equipment in accordance with manufactures’ instructions
- where appropriate, to sort specific materials in to the appropriate vehicle to ensure no unacceptable materials are allowed to contaminate loads
- to collect and move bulky or special items as instructed via the Supervisor complying with all Health and Safety Safe Working Practices
- to assist the Supervisor with the supervision of temporary agency staff, to ensure that they are carrying out their duties professionally, safely and efficiently
- to help maintain and replace waste containers as directed by Supervisor including basic fixing of wheeled bins, replacing bins, boxes, lids or bags
- to be alert to any unusual circumstances and bring them to the attention of the Supervisor
- to work a task and finish system of work as outlined in agreed local terms and conditions of work
- to not deliberately cause disruption to the service in any way
- to clear up any spillage, however caused whilst out on the round
- to assist the cleansing driver in safe manoeuvring of the vehicle wherever necessary
- to assist with the external and internal cleaning of vehicles
- to comply with the rules of the road – especially the Highway Code
- to carry out snow clearance duties as directed by Supervisor when required
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Green Waste Loaders x4 – Waste & Recycling
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.