- Pay Rate: £17.77 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Esher, KT10 9SD
Temporary Senior Parking Enforcement Officer - Notice Processing & Debt Recovery
Required - a candidate to help run the appeals process, in particular the formal representations, Traffic Penalty Tribunal cases and the debt recovery process.
This includes considering and responding to appeals, issuing statutory documents, preparing cases and attending hearing at the Traffic Penalty Tribunal, dealing with the Debt Recovery process, liaising with contractors, agencies and Traffic Enforcement Centre, assisting with the provision of on and off-street parking enforcement, issuing waivers and suspensions, responding to daily emails, and other everyday tasks to ensure the smooth running of the Parking Department.
The candidate will need to have experience and knowledge of parking law and enforcement, and in managing parking appeals.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- A nationally recognised qualification in parking e.g. NVQ or similar – desirable
- Experience in dealing with parking appeals or enforcements
- Case preparation and presentation to parking adjudication tribunals – desirable
- Dealing with the public on enforcement matters – desirable
- Operating a penalty notice processing system
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good knowledge and understanding of parking enforcement legislation including: Civil Parking Enforcement, Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, Road Traffic Act 1991
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Access to a vehicle suitable to undertake duties normally within Elmbridge - desirable
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Senior Parking Enforcement Officer – Parking
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.