- Pay Rate: £ 8.54 per hour PAYE.
- Hours per Week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 5 months.
- Sunderland, SR5 3QY
An Human Resources Assistant / Administrator is required to (under the guidance of the HR Advisor) undertake the support and delivery of duties within the function which contribute to the provision of an excellent service, whilst ensuring the effective use of resources. The post holder will support department managers in the delivery of exceptional services to our community and key stakeholders.
Excellent communication and admin skills are required as well as knowledge/experience of recruitment processes.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
Duties to include:
- To work effectively and efficiently to support line management in the delivery of the department’s aims and objectives
- To maintain appropriate and robust information systems within the department
- To act as the first point of contact to the HR Department by providing cover for the Helpdesk and a full range of administrative and clerical support, delivering excellence in customer service
- To carry out all clerical support tasks required by the department e.g. input of accurate data/information, maintenance of electronic and paper based office systems, production of all documentation using MS Office suite, use of the HR Management database and responsible for the day to day maintenance of the Helpdesk activity log undertaking any appropriate action
- To maintain positive and effective liaison links with organisations and partners as appropriate
- To support the preparation and production of a variety of quality information for inclusion in management and departmental reports
- To ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and to ensure data security is maintained
- To ensure relevant knowledge is up to date
- To represent the function at internal and external meetings and events and take minutes when required
- To support the activities of the function and diary management for line management where required
- To provide support and cover the workload of the other HR Assistant during their absence and to carry out relevant duties to ensure the services of the function are delivered efficiently
- To undertake word processing duties including the preparation and maintenance of standard letters and a range of documentation
- To oversee the department filing systems including appropriate storage and disposal of paper based, electronic and confidential documentation appropriately
- To be responsible for the production and issue of the identity and access cards in use throughout the Service
- To be responsible for the effective organisation of meetings and events including the preparation of resources e.g. booking venues/refreshments/equipment
- To provide relevant support in various recruitment and selection activities as required
- To ensure all departmental stationery requirements are maintained
- To assist in relevant research required for HR function initiatives
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication and admin skills required as well as knowledge/experience of recruitment processes
- To maintain a basic knowledge of relevant HR and recruitment related legislation and best practice
- By reference to current health and safety legislation and the Service's Health and Safety Policy to ensure that all employees consider the safety of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions and to cooperate with their employer to perform and comply with any duties or requirements imposed upon them.
- To champion the principles of equality and diversity and provide appropriate advice, guidance and support
- To promote the application of the Authority’s Safeguarding Policies
- To demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the Service’s Environment Strategy, in relation to the environment and carbon reduction policies
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Minute taking skills.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temp Human Resources Assistant / Administrator
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.