- Pay Rate: £ 9.36 per hour PAYE.
- Hours per Week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 2 months.
- Durham, DH7 8XQ
An Administration Assistant is required who will be responsible for providing Administrative Support in a customer focussed Support Services team within Regeneration and Local Services, and will work closely with the Heads of Service and Technical Staff to ensure the team are providing a quality back office support service.
The post holder will be required to place orders on an inhouse system for materials required on Building Projects. This is not a basic admin role.
In addition the post holder will be responsible for transforming existing systems with an aim to eradicate paper and promote electronic data interchange/ filing where possible. Also challenging and streamlining existing systems in accordance with lean systems thinking to remove unnecessary processes.
Travel is an essential requirement of the post.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
Duties to include:
- Challenging existing ways of working in order to develop lean systems with electronic data interchange, electronic filing and on-line input wherever possible
- Assist in the development of procedural guidance notes for all functions within the service
- To work with a customer focussed team approach
- To participate in team meetings and ensure effective and efficient channels of communication are facilitated
- Assist in identification of risks within the service area
- Promote a positive culture with colleagues and contributing to providing continuous service improvement
- Work with the team to ensure invoices are paid in accordance with P2P procedures
- Work with other colleagues in Business Support to ensure peaks and troughs in other areas are supported
- Ensure a professional approach to work is adopted at all times
- Work with the other Administration Assistants to ensure a quality service is provided to front line services at all times.
- Ensure relevant Risk Assessments are carried out as appropriate to the section area
- Ensure post handling is carried out efficiently and effectively over the appropriate sites
- To work with other Support staff to assist in providing documents and reports to defend insurance claims
- To work with other members of the team to ensure resources are efficiently and effectively used
- Work with Technical Staff to ensure administrative support is in accordance with business needs
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications: 5 GCSEs A-C grades or equivalent
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Practical knowledge and understanding of local government administration processes.
- An up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and safe working practices.
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience in taking ownership and delivering results
- Experience in promoting a positive culture whilst working within a team
- Able to manage major change effectively
- Experience of working independently with minimum supervision
- Experience with ICT packages
- A positive attitude committed to excellent customer service
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for Educated to AS/A level standard
- Evidence of continuous Personal and professional development
- Experience in development of electronic systems and streamlining processes
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience in challenging admin systems with a view to lean system working
- An ability to be pro-active in service development and improvement
- Have a knowledge of electronic post facilities
- A knowledge of Risk Management processes
- A knowledge of Insurance data required for claims handling
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temp Administration Assistant - Business Support
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.