Pension Fund Accountant – Corporate Resources
Reference no: Hounslow 820801
Pay Rate: £175.12 pd PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ORDER – PLEASE ENSURE THIS IS FORWARDED TOGETHER WITH YOUR CV.
All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role … .
- Where this vacancy is based:
Hounslow, TW3 4
- What’s involved with this role:
To provide a professional, high quality and responsive finance service that supports and promotes efficient and effective service delivery in line with the council’s objectives and priorities and those of the Council’s s151 Officer. Promote sound financial management and control, and practices that, comply with the Council’s Constitution including Financial Regulations, Accounting Codes of Practice and all relevant legislation and government guidance. Ensure that efficient and effective information systems are in place, which promote accountability, performance management and continuous improvement.
To be responsible for all matters relating to the accounting and management of the Council’s Pension Fund investments, and to lead on the development of governance issues for the Council’s pension Fund.
To be responsible for treasury management issues for half the working week, including covering the daily cash flow requirements of the Council.
To be responsible for the financial management of the Council’s capital programme and accounting issues. To provide advice and guidance on financial issues to budget holders and act as the financial advisor as required and to be responsible for maximising resources available to support service delivery and promote best value for money.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- CCAB accountancy qualification
- Experience in a large public service organisation including overseeing the preparation of budget monitoring, annual budgets and final accounts
- Experience of managing professional staff with experience of performance management / staff development
- Understanding of:
- Pension Fund investments, and strategies
- Pension Fund corporate governance issues
- Pension Fund accounting regulations
- Treasury management risks
- Ability to provide financial, budget and accounting advice to financial and non-financial staff including compliance with financial regulations and audit recommendations
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Corporate Resources/Finance/Pensions/Accountant
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 3-4 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited