IT Project Manager – Census Partnership
Reference no: Horsham 822231
Pay Rate: £44.00 ph PAYE [negotiable], noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Horsham, West Sussex RH12 1
- What’s involved with this role:
Required – an IT Project Manager to be responsible for co-coordinating & leading the implementation of a number of technical & process changes required as part of ongoing PSN accreditation activities.
You must be willing & able to travel between 3 sites in the West Sussex area.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- At least 5 years’ experience in delivering projects to clients
- A technical awareness of firewall solutions and related firewall technology
- Expert knowledge of MS Office and MS Project
- Must be able to understand and articulate complex project requirements and their implications
- Knowledge and understanding of WAN, LAN & IPT
- Good commercial understanding
- Public Sector experience (Local Authority preferred)
- Understanding of PSN regulations & the formal submission/accreditation process
- Strong prioritization & monitoring skills
- Experience of and ability to manage staff & third party contractors across 3 sites
- Experience of leading and motivating delivery engineers / teams
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Knowledge of Government Connect security standards
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills in addition to strong influencing, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present concepts and designs and project reports to all levels.
- Ability to work in a matrix managed multi-client environment
- Capable of managing to tight timescales under pressure
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Degree Qualified
- Prince2 or APM qualified
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Census Partnership/ICT/Project Management
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.