Delivery Manager – Schools Programme
Reference no: Hillingdon 17346
Pay Rate: £300.00 pd PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Uxbridge, UB8 1
- What’s involved with this role:
Actively be accountable and take ownership for delivery of projects from inception to completion in relation to the Schools Programme. Duties include:
- Strategic contribution to overall programme management to the schools programme of work
- Directly reporting progress on the schools programme to the Schools Project Board.
- To deliver projects on time and on budget (in excess of £100m) in full accordance with Council and Service procedures.
- Ensuring that plans are in place and continually up dated to achieve Service objectives and priorities.
- Write complex and detailed project commercial/technical reports and maintain up to date at all times.
- Ensure that all project related risks and issues are identified along with resolution proposals to the Project Board.
- To carry out the necessary professional duties to effectively manage and coordinate projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team or as lead Delivery Manager.
- Working with the Senior Manager Corporate Construction/Projects (and deputising for) on the relationship management of key partners, suppliers and other core third parties, as applicable.
- Lead on and be active and responsible in compliance with Service procedures and professional practice development in Corporate Construction/Projects to ensure the maintenance and improvement of knowledge and capabilities
- Be the named representative of the Council in acting as designated Contract Administrator/Employer’s Agent to include Professionally discharging the necessary duties.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- MRICS or MCIOB or equivalent
- Significant recent experience of working as a Delivery Manager on both minor and major projects, of large complex school programmes of work, effectively managing and coordinating both internal and external project teams, clients, stakeholders and Contractors
- Significant experience of effective management of both technical and commercial matters relating to projects
- Significant experience of having direct responsibility for effectively managing other Delivery Officers working on various other projects
- Extensive experience (post qualification) of working on a wide range of projects using both traditional and modern forms of procurement and construction
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Asset Management/Building & Construction/ Schools Programme/ Delivery Management
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.