Lighting Engineer – Street Environment
Reference no: Hillingdon 17338
Pay Rate: £30.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Uxbridge, UB8 1
- What’s involved with this role:
To work as a professional Lighting Engineer dealing with Street Lighting, Highway Electrical Equipment, Signs and Street Furniture. Duties include:
- Work in a manner that allows flexibility in the use of resources available, as an active part of the Public Lighting, Signs and Road Markings Section within Street Environment, for the following functions:
- Street Lighting and Illuminated Sign maintenance
- Design and Implementation of the Lighting, Signing and Electrical aspects of Road and Safety Improvement schemes
- Designing, checking and implementing lighting schemes for Section 38, 106 and 278 developments
- Design and Implementation of electrical supplies and columns for CCTV installations
- Assessment of the lighting aspect of Planning Applications
- Implementation of the installation and maintenance of street furniture
- Supervision of contractors, statutory undertakers, etc carrying out works on our behalf
- Carry out inspections in connection with the functions of the team as a result of complaints or defect reports from the Contact Centre or by requests from managers, supervisors or highways inspectors; to initiate appropriate action and to rectify the complaints or solve the problems.
- Ensure all dangerous are dealt with in the appropriate time scales
- Provide a technical advice to members of the public and other Council officers in relation to the functions to which the team is responsible.
- Carry out detailed condition inspections and surveys as required and ensure the Highways Management System database is accurate and kept up to date
- Issue instructions to contractors and electricity supply undertakers to carry out work.
- Initiate works orders arising from site inspections and surveys
- Marking out, checking installations for compliance with specifications and updating of as built records and inventory
- Collect, verify and input data for the computerised Highways Management System database.
- Certify satisfactory completion of Works Instructions prior to being processed for payment and confirms that any agreed sums, quantities and types of work claimed by contractors are correct
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering or other Engineering Degree
- Minimum of Associate Member of the Institution of Lighting Professionals
- Recognised training in Lighting Technology
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages Other specific ICT skills to include:
- Use of Lighting Reality
- Use of Lighting Inventory Management Software
- Experience of:
- Subjective assessment of lighting and illuminated signs in relation to Planning applications
- Design of exterior lighting in particular road lighting for all classes of roads
- Driving Licence and own transport
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Highways & Business Services/Street Environment/Lighting Engineer
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 3 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.