FM Hard Services Manager – Maintenance & Facilities Services
Reference no: Hillingdon 17321
Pay Rate: £26.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Uxbridge, UB8 1
- What’s involved with this role:
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, the Hard Services Manager will be responsible for managing the operational outcomes of suppliers and contractors whose hard FM services relate to the Facilities Management of the Civic Centre, Commercial and Corporate properties across the Asset Management portfolio.
The Hard Services Manager will also, inter alia:
- Support the Maintenance and Facilities team ensuring services and performance targets are delivered and that a culture of putting our resident’s first and continuous service improvement is maintained.
- Deputise for the Facilities Manager and be responsible for operational activity related to all Commercial, Civic Centre and Corporate properties.
- Manage the relationship between service areas, suppliers and contractors.
- Responsible for service delivery, financial and administration matters of all designated facilities management arrangements.
- Play a key role in ensuring that risks are identified and addressed and eliminate or manage all risks relating to the hard services, through effective and best practice contract management principles.
- Be the key contact for the operational aspects of the Civic Centre’s Security, CCTV and other related installations e.g. Fire detection and alarms, emergency lighting and the like building works/surveys.
- Assist with office moves, Fire drills, and health and safety related matters.
- Deliver a first class facilities support service across to the Civic Centre, Commercial and Corporate properties across the Asset Management portfolio.
- Work closely with the designated procurement lead on aspects of the service delivery as and when directed by the Facilities Manager.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant FM discipline or equivalent experience in Hard FM management,( incl. Electrical and Mechanical disciplines)
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
- Demonstrable experience in the following:
- Quality Management Systems
- Data collection and analysis
- Budget management
- Project management
- Contract specifications
- Change and control procedures
- Customer Relationship Management
- managing a wide range of FM contracts
- flexible approach to both Hard and Soft Services
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives
- Develop and manage relationships with Contract Managers / Scheme Manager
- Experience of managing a wide range of FM contracts and have flexible approach to both Hard and Soft Services
- Proven experience in work planning and management, creation of work programmes involving several buildings
- Demonstrable evidence of an ability to think and act strategically and operationally
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Maintenance & Facilities Services/FM Hard Services/Management
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 7-8 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.