Senior Procurement & Contracts Officer – Finance
Reference no: Haringey 97803
Pay Rate: £17.85 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
London N22 7
- What’s involved with this role:
To manage procurement projects to Best Practise standards to maximise and maintain the efficiency of the procurement process and ensure Best Value outcomes.
To ensure all procurement projects are fully compliant with EU procurement legislation and Councils Contract Procedure Rules.
Duties to include:
- To manage the liaison with business units to understand their specific service needs and to ensure that all procurement projects contribute to the delivery of Councils objectives and support the Category Management Plan.
- To manage the interface between the client and legal services to ensure timely agreement to contract awards.
- To prepare and deliver in-house training, workshops and written material on procurement processes and methods to officers in business units as necessary
- To be responsible for maintaining the necessary procurement expertise and knowledge and for sharing this within the procurement team.
- To manage procurement projects in all aspects of the procurement life cycle process from advertisement to authorisation to award the contract.
- Being responsible for all aspects of Contract Management including ongoing performance monitoring of suppliers, dispute resolution, contract variations and negotiations.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- At least 2 years’ experience as procurement manager of cross council procurement projects and being able to effectively manage the entire procurement life cycle; unsupervised and right first time.
- Ability to design outcomes based specifications to meet the needs of the clients and to ensure maximum efficiency for the Council.
- Knowledge of current EC Directives and other relevant local authority legislation
- Practical and detailed knowledge of producing tender packs and conducting tender evaluation exercises and managing the procurement life cycle through to contract award and contract management.
- Project management within a complex environment including liaison with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple complex and/or high value projects/contracts, simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Good knowledge of contract law.
- Experience of working across a range of markets
- Good all-round business skills.
- Spatially alert to commercial opportunities and threats
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Finance /Procurement/Legal/ Contracts
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2 months.
- Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited