Marketing Officer – Regeneration & Housing
Reference no: Ealing 819331
Pay Rate: £ 126.00 pd PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
London W5 2
- What’s involved with this role:
To be responsible for developing, managing and evaluating the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to support the achievement of corporate priorities and individual service business objectives.
To be responsible for a wide range of other marketing activities.
Duties to include:
- To work with senior managers and Members to identify, advise and deliver corporate and service marketing campaigns to raise the profile and enhance the reputation of the council or to deliver targets relating to use of services, income generation or behavioural changes
- To develop detailed, costed marketing plans and strategies for each campaign or activity
- To be responsible for managing budgets associated with campaigns for which the post holder is the lead and make recommendations on expenditure of up to £100k
- To work alongside and effectively communicate with colleagues from across Marketing and Communications to help the department achieve its targets and deliver integrated campaigns
- To work on marketing and communications campaigns with the council’s key partners and manage this activity to ensure that the Council’s objectives are met and its reputation is maintained
- To manage multi-disciplinary project teams working on campaigns for which the post holder is responsible, including the management of the work of agency or contractor staff
- To identify, set and be responsible for managing processes for evaluating the effectiveness of marketing campaigns against business objectives
- To be responsible for producing progress reports and final campaign evaluation reports for presentation to senior managers and for making appropriate recommendations for action
- To contribute to the research, writing and production of a range of publications and other materials for marketing purposes
- To commission a range of print and creative design services and other marketing campaign materials through internal and external suppliers, making detailed recommendations to ensure that creative campaigns meet the council’s marketing requirements
- To work with services and the corporate research and consultation team to evaluate customer research findings and other data and make recommendations upon the appropriate marketing response
- To manage projects to help achieve revenue through sponsorship and advertising, to include the identification of new and innovative opportunities and negotiations with potential sponsorship partner organisations at a senior level
- To establish and maintain effective working communications and liaison with a range of services to create awareness and understanding of the role of marketing and communications and influence the adoption of best practice
- To occasionally attend evening meetings or events outside normal hours and undertake other duties as directed in line with the marketing and communications objectives of the council
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Marketing Officer r experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- An appropriate recognised qualification in Marketing such as the CIM Diploma or similar or equivalent verifiable experience and training
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing successful marketing campaigns to improve service delivery in a local authority or closely-related environment
- Demonstrable experience of having delivered successful marketing projects using at least two of the following; web-based marketing, other e-marketing, direct marketing, broadcast media, outdoor media, poster campaigns, other print media.
- Demonstrable experience of good project management skills.
- Able to lead on the preparation, and deployment of marketing campaigns and recommend the most appropriate marketing mix in each case.
- Able to produce detailed briefs for the design and production of marketing campaign materials.
- Able to understand complex numerical and other data and make recommendations on the appropriate marketing response.
- Good interpersonal, presentation, persuasion and negotiating skills.
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Regeneration & Housing / Marketing
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 1-2 months.
- Hours per week: 35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited