Administrative Support Assistant – Adult Social Care & Health
Reference no: E Sussex 822192
Pay Rate: £7.50 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Uckfield, TN22 1
- What’s involved with this role:
To carry out a range of administrative duties for the Section with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
Duties to include:
- Accurately input data into computerised departmental systems, databases spreadsheets and process, retrieve and cleanse data as necessary.
- Minute, produce and distribute accurate records of meetings, including safeguarding and best interest meetings, as outlined in the departmental safeguarding guide.
- Administer financial processes, including payment cards for ordering goods, petty cash and process invoices in accordance with Council standards.
- Report and arrange building maintenance issues, including servicing/maintenance of office equipment, and assisting with Health & Safety procedures, where appropriate on behalf of the Office Manager.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Administrator Assistant experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- NVQ3, equivalent or relevant experience (or to have the capacity to complete a relevant course within 24 months of appointment)
- Excellent word processing skills
- Ability to effectively organise personal and team workloads
- Ability to minute and produce accurate records of meetings
- Inputting and analysing computer data systems
- Completion of budgetary and financial processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Ability to deal with challenging and distressed clients on the telephone
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Adult Social Care & Health / Admin & Clerical
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 1 month.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited