Planner (Development Control) – Regulatory Services
Reference no: E Staffordshire 820594
Pay Rate: £12.28 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Burton Upon Trent, DE14 2
- What’s involved with this role:
To be responsible for Planning Delivery functions relating to all proposals under the general direction of the Planning Team Leader.
To assist in the delivery of high quality Planning Delivery Services
Duties to include:
- To provide expertise to the Council in Planning Delivery matters in the delivery of seamless excellent services to customers
- To carry out functions as required by the Town and Country Planning Act and associated legislation, to provide a professional and efficient Planning Delivery Service, including the processing of planning applications, pre-application activities, appeal casework, enforcement, and monitoring.
- To complete tasks and duties allocated by the Planning Team Leader in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of the law, principles and policies associated with Planning Delivery.
- To process and ensure the efficient handling of all Appeals including attendance as a professional expert witness at planning Hearings and Inquiries.
- To ensure that non-delegated matters are reported to Committee and prepare Committee reports in accordance with relevant deadlines.
- To attend and report to Planning Applications Committee and the Council as and when required.
- To competently determine delegated applications
- To reply to written and verbal requests made by Councillors and other bodies and members of the public and provide a professional and customer focussed service.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Planner experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Previous experience in development control.
- Relevant degree.
- Detailed understanding of architectural plans and drawings.
- Efficient written and oral communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Access to own vehicle.
- Good negotiator.
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Handling of major applications.
- Full membership of the RTPI.
- Familiarity with M3.
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Regulatory Services / Housing Benefits & Planning
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 3 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited