Contract & Procurement Officer – Waste Disposal/Recycling
Reference no: E Cheshire 821305
Pay Rate: £14.90 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Crewe, CW1 3
- What’s involved with this role:
Prepare, let and supervise all contracts and purchasing related to Fleet, supporting the efficient and effective operation of the Waste & Recycling, Grounds & Parks, Street Cleansing and associated business units within the context of financial regulations, European procurement legislation, industry related legislation and internal budget control.
Manage the service’s obligations under the terms of its Operators Licence, including auditing of all records, systems and procedures.
Monitor the contractor’s performance to ensure contract compliance, taking appropriate action where required.
Assess and authorise contractual valuations and claims and produce recommendations for payment in accordance with Financial Standing Orders to enable the Service to discharge its contractual obligations.
Issue variation orders for additional works and duties as required for services to be carried out under the contracts and authorise payment to ensure the efficient delivery of the contract, improvement in services and facilities, and compliance with legislation.
Collect and interpret statistics and provide performance indicators for the service on a monthly basis or on request.
Embed contracts within relevant business unit areas in conjunction with the contract owner, ensuring that appropriate management procedures and documentation are in place. Contribute to tendering for external contracts providing advice and support to bid teams.
Manage the monitoring of performance, ensure SLAs and KPIs are met, and drive improvement whilst ensuring saving targets are met.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Degree or equivalent level qualification or demonstrates intellectual ability of a high order
- Working toward membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and supply (CIPS)
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience of working in a procurement and contracts environment, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Knowledge of EU procurement law, and the impending changes
- Knowledge of the legislative framework, clean neighbourhood and Environment Act, EPA 1990 ,directives, regulations relating to the requirements of Environment Ops management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of planning and waste management licence application requirements and processes for consents
- Proven track record of procuring in a public sector with a commercial aspect, ideally in an Environmental / Waste Management / Fleet category
- Understanding of the fleet market, particularly the commercial market
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Ability to travel across the Borough at multi sites
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Driving licence and access to a car is desirable
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Waste Services/ Contracts & Procurement
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.