Human Resources Officer – Corporate Support
Reference no: Cumbria P CD/821452
Pay Rate: £15.15 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
NB: ONLY FOR CANDIDATES WITH MINIMUM 5 YEARS CONTINUOUS UK ADDRESS HISTORY
- Where this vacancy is based:
Penrith, CA10 2
- What’s involved with this role:
Provision of professional and tailored human resource advice and guidance to managers, officers and employees that is customer focussed, enhances performance and is responsive to business and organisational needs. Duties include:
- Provide professional and tailored HR advice and support to managers on employment law and general HR issues, including discipline, attendance management, performance management and appeals, ensuring all managers are aware of and comply with current employment legislation and police regulations.
- Provision of advice and guidance to managers, staff associations and other members of the Constabulary on the interpretation and implementation of Constabulary HR strategy, policies and statutory requirements ensuring compliance and consistency in the application and interpretation.
- Assist the HR Business Partner in ensuring a link is maintained between the retained Strategic HR function and the business to ensure consistency of approach across the Constabulary. Highlight relevant issues to the HR Business Partner assisting in ensuring strategic HR directives are embedded within the business of the Constabulary.
- Undertake and assist with strategic HR projects, policy development and case work arising from national, operational or support service development initiatives and represent the HR function on project boards and working groups as required.
- Monitor, at an operational level, the workforce plan, ensuring workforce ‘establishment’ is maintained and targets are met. Assist with workforce planning by examining organisational data to ascertain the Constabulary’s ongoing needs.
- Provide advice to managers in relation to job design, job analysis, production of job profiles and person specifications to ensure efficient and effective selection and deployment. Support the Head of HR in their responsibility for the job evaluation scheme by participating, as required, in the evaluation process to ensure equality and consistency of application.
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of recruitment advertising, selection methodology, promotion, development, appraisal, secondment opportunities and other areas relevant to the post.
- Organise, coordinate and participate in Police Staff and Police Officer recruitment and promotion processes including the running of SEARCH national recruitment, transferee and Police Community Support Officer (PCSO), assessment centres.
- Support the delivery of organisational change, including advising on HR implications and undertaking the practical HR support in respect of the associated HR processes.
- Undertake comprehensive disciplinary investigations as directed, submitting appropriate reports and evidence for relevant consideration and subsequent presentation at formal hearing and any subsequent appeal as necessary ensuring compliance with Constabulary policies, procedures and employment legislation.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Associate member status of CIPD with willingness to undertake professional upgrading to Chartered Member status
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (demonstrable experience / competence)
- Substantial recent experience in a generalist or Employee Relations role, in a multi union environment
- Demonstrable experience of managing the practical HR implications of change
- Experience of providing advice and undertaking casework on a range of HR matters including disciplinary, performance / capability, attendance management, workforce planning
- Up to date knowledge of employment law
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- 5 years continuous address history within UK. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Police/ Corporate Support/ Human Resources Officer
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.