Senior Direct Payments Officer – Adult Services, Health & Housing [Standard DBS required]
Reference no: Croydon 822243
Pay Rate: £14.20 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Croydon, CR0 1
- What’s involved with this role:
Provide a professional service to Service Users, care providers, clients and other related bodies by ensuring that the Direct Payments processes and functions are carried out in a timely and accurate manner, and champion the direct payments function.
Developing the learning and knowledge of team members through coaching and mentoring.
- Through financial reconciliation of quarterly return forms ensure service users declared financial expenditure from Direct Payment account is accurate.
- To ensure all quarterly return forms are completed, returned and reconciled in a timely manner and in line with the relevant legislation.
- Make decisions on the appropriateness of expenditures from a service users direct payment account.
- Ensure policy matters requiring investigation are dealt with appropriately.
- Responsible for the accurate recording of service users financial records.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies arising from the use of direct payments by a service user, alerting both the line manager and relevant care management team in complex situations.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Standard DBS in place [Disclosure no. & Issue date required]
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience of working in a Direct Payments service in a complex, high value environment, preferably within a similar role and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Understanding of Local Government finance in a Social Care environment, in particular Direct Payments and related legislation
- Have sufficient and recent working knowledge of a commercial finance package suitable for Adult Social Services, such Oracle Financials and SWIFT/AIS
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Independently mobile to undertake visits to service users to resolve complex financial issues if required
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Adult Services, Health & Housing/ Direct Payments/Senior Officer
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 6 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.