Electrical Project Engineer – Adult Services Health & Housing
Reference no: Croydon 821257
Pay Rate: £17.00 ph PAYE [negotiable], noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Croydon, CR0 1
- What’s involved with this role:
To provide a customer-oriented electrical engineering service to Council tenants, ensuring value for money and performance against targets.
- Responsible for ensuring a cost effective and professional electrical service personally and through the work of colleagues and contractors.
- Deliver programmed electrical engineering works within the tendered price, achieving the required financial targets, and ensuring that the specification and contract conditions are fulfilled, preparing designs and specifications as required.
- Exercise financial control over relevant budgets, and achieve value for money, and ensure that the specification and contract conditions are fulfilled.
- Carry out visits as necessary to residents’ dwellings, estates and contractors’ premises to ensure that quality of service delivery is maintained.
- Instigate, chair and minute monthly progress and monitoring meetings with contractors and partners on allocated projects.
- Ensure that works are carried out in a safe manner by using safety goals, assessing method statements and ensuring contractors carry out risk assessments and use safe working practices.
- Survey properties to determine the extent of work required and the development of written briefs in accordance with latest procedures. taking full account of the needs of tenants and leaseholders
- Undertake technical inspections and feasibility studies and make reports and recommendations, particularly in respect to draft programmes of future projects,
- Carry out assessment of repair options, including cost benefit analysis and lifecycle estimating, in order to achieve best value.
- Authorise contractors’ invoices for payment and agree variations. Be responsible for issuing contract instructions and monitoring projects.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- A recognised electrical engineering services qualification. E.g. City & Guilds, HNC, HND or similar, and preferably also electrical testing G & G 2391
- Extensive experience of electrical Planned Maintenance and Improvements and improvement works in buildings with specific detailed experience of domestic properties
- Thorough knowledge of current and appropriate legislation with regard to electrical works, including health and safety legislation
- A sound knowledge of specification writing including the research, presentation and the production of full technical specifications and drawings using manual or computerised systems.
- Able to carry out all design calculations involved with the electrical works, using longhand and computerised systems.
- A sound knowledge of JCT or other equivalent forms of contract including minor works, intermediate works and measured term contracts
- A sound knowledge of contract procedures including the issuing of contract documents, and the supervision of contracts
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Adult Services Health & Housing/Electrical Engineering
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 6 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.