Plasterer x2 – Housing, Planning, Regeneration & Regulatory Services
Reference no: Charnwood 820964
Pay Rate: £14.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Loughborough, LE11 2
- What’s involved with this role:
To ensure the Council achieves its vision and business objectives, by supporting the Repairs Team Leaders to drive and develop the service to achieve and maintain top quartile performance in all categories.
To deliver high quality customer standards and contribute to achieving and retaining the customer service excellence standard.
To carry out a wide range of plastering work associated with the business activities of the Repairs direct labour organisation – voids and occupied properties
To undertake all work to a competent recognised standard, with minimal risk to the health and safety of all those it may affect.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Plasterer experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- NVQ Level 2 or City and Guilds in plastering / tiling or equivalent.
- To be able to carry out a wide range of plastering rendering work including encapsulation of asbestos artex and repairs that is associated with the maintenance and adaptation of council properties and public buildings
- Appropriate qualification in Health and Safety.
- Advanced City and Guilds (or equivalent) relevant building trade.
- A good understanding and knowledge of up to date legislation relating to the building industry including health and safety
- Ability to work at heights and experience of using ladder and scaffold/towers to deliver work requirements.
- Computer Literate.
- Full current clean driving licence.
- Ability work flexible hours
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Housing, Planning, Regeneration & Regulatory / Plasterer
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited