Executive Assistant – Corporate Strategy & Members Support
Reference no: Camden RQ143174
Pay Rate: £14.72 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
London, WC1H 9
- What’s involved with this role:
To provide a high level and high quality secretariat, planning, project and executive support to the Cabinet Office (Leader and Deputy Leader of the Council).
Have lead responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of daily operations by providing effective and efficient high level secretariat support using a high level of judgement, ensure that appropriate and relevant issues and their linkages are highlighted in a timely manner.
Represent and communicate on behalf of the Leader and Deputy Leader with internal and external stakeholders.
Be the main point of contact for enquiries from internal and external stakeholders, including elected Members, having the political awareness, sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion to address these appropriately.
Draft correspondence and internal communications messages and actively develop, briefings, presentations and speeches. This will often involve working with complex, confidential and sensitive content, adapting style according to audience and the needs of the Council’s Leadership.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 12 months recent senior administration experience, preferably within a similar executive support role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Current knowledge and understanding of the national and local political environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of the roles and functions of local government
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to changing use of IT to support changes in ways of working
- ***Any other qualifications and/or experience relevant to the job role to support your application – PLEASE GIVE FULL DETAILS WITHIN YOUR CV DOCUMENT. THIS IS IMPORTANT
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Corporate Strategy & Members Support/ Secretarial & Administration
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 2 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.