Senior Project Manager – Buildings & Structures/Schools
Reference no: Camden RQ142453
Pay Rate: £325.00 pd PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
London, NW1 1
- What’s involved with this role:
To play a key role in CSF service delivery by providing expert client-side project management. With a complex and varied programme of capital and revenue projects and over 60 school and children’s centre properties, this role is responsible for ensuring that building projects are planned, managed and delivered to improve educational environments, applying innovation, best practice and best value in commissioning and delivery.
The key objectives are to ensure educational premises are remodelled, upgraded and built to support the Council’s ambition to have the best schools in the country, to identify and work within appropriate budget provision to meet the educational building needs and to ensure opportunities to deliver on the ‘Sustainable Communities’ agenda are maximised.
- The role is responsible for ensuring that building projects are planned, managed and delivered to improve educational environments, ensuring innovation, best practice and best value in commissioning and delivery. The post holder works closely with schools to ensure their interests are supported through the building process, working with internal and external staff, organisations and contractors to deliver appropriate development and implementation of improvement projects.
- The post holder plans and works within appropriate budget provision to meet the educational building needs and ensure capital programme objectives are maximised.
- The post holder is expected to be a role model in working to high standards of project management and technical practice in the projects he/she is responsible for, and to work closely with, manage and support others in the team to ensure consistency in project practice and outcomes.
- The role combines project management expertise, understanding and leadership of construction technical issues, and an understanding of the educational built environment, with excellent communication practice.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Degree level or equivalent e.g. NVQ level 4 &/or relevant experience
- Extensive recent building project management experience across a range of related fields, progressively increasing in complexity, size and/or value.
- Extensive technical knowledge and quality inspection experience OR extensive experience in project management of technical projects
- Proven ability to project manage complex projects in occupied premises.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiating skills. Ability to conduct complex high level negotiations to tight deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of two or more of the following areas: building project management, contract management, programme management, quality control, compliance, building surveying, mechanical and electrical services, architecture or procurement.
- Expertise in educational building planning, development, maintenance and asset management
- Thorough understanding of and skill in project budget planning, budget management, and reporting
- Fluent and advanced skill in use of IT as a tool for communication, records management, technical drawing manipulation and other purposes. Must be literate in use of Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Accreditation by a relevant institute or professional body (for example, project management, RIBA, RICS or CIOB) equivalent to Member level is desirable but not essential
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Buildings & Structures/Schools/Senior Project Management
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 3 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.