Senior Urban Designer – Environment Conservation Team
Reference no: Cambridge 820867
Pay Rate: £22.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Cambridge, CB2 3
- What’s involved with this role:
To research, prepare and draft planning guidance on urban design to improve the quality of the City’s environment and contribute to sustainable development.
To contribute to other work of the Urban Design and Conservation Team and other work of the Environment Department.
- To carry out research into a range of urban design topics associated with the work of the Team
- To lead projects for:
- the development of area based planning policy and frameworks, including the preparation of drawings and reports;
- the preparation of planning and design briefs on development sites within the city;
- the preparation and review of design codes
- To assist and where appropriate lead in the preparation of masterplans and Supplementary Planning Documents.
- To provide advice to the Development Control Teams at the City on the urban design implications of planning proposals and/or planning applications.
- To contribute urban design expertise to the preparation of the Local Plan or Local Development Frameworks of the City.
- To assist and where appropriate lead in the public consultation associated with the Team’s work programme and analyse and report on the results of consultations.
- To participate in multi disciplinary teams on a variety of Team, Departmental and Corporate projects; and to contribute to the development and implementation of the Team and Departmental work programme.
- To attend Departmental meetings, working parties and Council Committee meetings as appropriate
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Relevant post qualification
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience of practical work on urban design related projects, preferably within a similar role and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Project management experience
- Solid understanding of planning and urban design theory and practice
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- ***Qualifications and/or any other experience relevant to the job role to support your application – PLEASE GIVE FULL DETAILS WITHIN YOUR CV DOCUMENT. THIS IS IMPORTANT
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Environment/Conservation/ Urban Designer
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 3-4 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.