Asbestos Officer with public sector experience
Reference no: Caerphilly 822546
Pay Rate: £14.57 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Pontllanfraith, NP12 2
- What’s involved with this role:
The primary purpose of this role is to carry out asbestos management surveys on CCBC premises (including Housing Stock) to enable the Authority to best manage the risk.
The post holder will also investigate asbestos related incidents, develop asbestos related training/briefings, provide specialist advice on asbestos related incidents, respond to concerns, advise on clean-up and/or remedial action and act as part of the Authority’s specialist team on all aspects of asbestos management.
The post will sit within the Health and Safety Division.
- On site asbestos surveying across the CCBC property portfolio (including housing stock) and the production of Asbestos Management Surveys.
- Mini asbestos management surveys on rooms/areas within building which have not yet been subject to a full asbestos management survey.
- Refurbishment/Demolition surveys (both carrying out and arranging).
- Identification of key risks and prioritisation of remedial action needed to control the risks.
- Advice and co-ordination of a response to make an area safe following suspected asbestos exposure.
- To carry out minor asbestos decontamination and remedial works (non licensable).
- Incident investigation and reporting following a potential asbestos exposure.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Nebosh Certificate
- IOSH Managing Safely
- P402 Building Surveys and Bulk Samples
- Significant experience of working with asbestos, undertaking surveys and carrying out remedial works within the public sector
- Knowledge of building construction
- ***Any other qualifications and/or experience relevant to the job role to support your application – PLEASE GIVE FULL DETAILS WITHIN YOUR CV DOCUMENT. THIS IS IMPORTANT
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Corporate Services/Property/ Health and Safety/ Asbestos Officer
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 5-6 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
Triumph Consultants Limited
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.