Maintenance Technician/Plumber (Gas Safe) – Corporate Services
Reference no: Caerphilly 820716
Pay Rate: £10.25 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Tir-Y-Berth, CF82 8
- What’s involved with this role:
To undertake general maintenance and improvements to domestic, industrial and public buildings.
Duties to include:
- Be responsible for certifying own work and the work of other qualified electrical/plumbing tradespersons to approve that the work has been completed in full compliance with relevant NIEIC and/or Gas Safe Regulations
- The daily completion of job tickets and timesheets, describing works undertaken in sufficient detail to assist in the calculation of performance and invoicing data.
- To action the instructions and requirements relating to the delivery of a building maintenance service via the various methods adopted for work allocation.
- To accurately record work undertaken via the Maintenance Schedule of Rates identifying relevant Schedule of Rates codes, actual working time, materials and plant used in the execution of building maintenance work.
- To ensure the safe use and storage of plant and materials issued to the post holder in the course of their duties.
- To attend and take part in training initiatives specific to the post holders role and the requirements of the service.
- To adhere to Health and Safety legislation and relevant Council policies and procedures and take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts or omissions.
- When required, collect materials, deliver to site and ensure that all residual waste materials arising from maintenance works are taken from site and disposed of in accordance with service guidelines.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Maintenance Technician/Plumber experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- City & Guilds Advanced Craft Certificate
- ACS competencies for Natural gas, CON1, CEN1, WAT1, HTR1 or City & Guilds in Electrical Installations I.E.E current Edition of the Wiring Regulations (C & G 2380)
- Inspection and testing (C & G 2391). (All to BS7671)
- Gas Safe.
- ACS competencies for natural gas; DAH 1; CKR 1
- ACS competencies in LPG
- City and Guilds for Design, Erection and Verification (2400) to BS7671•
- Knowledge of relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work and Health and Safety issues relating to the post.
- Knowledge and experience in undertaking associated building trade skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Be flexible in their approach to working hours during the normal working week and job skills.
- Possess current, full UK driving licence.
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Corporate Services / Maintenance/ Plumber/ Engineer
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 1-2 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited