Maintenance Technician/Plasterer x3 – Corporate Services
Reference no: Caerphilly 820714
Pay Rate: £ 9.02 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Tir-Y-Berth, CF82 8
- What’s involved with this role:
To undertake general trades maintenance, improvements and refurbishments to domestic, industrial and public buildings in more than one trade discipline.
Duties to include:
- Site based role-providing maintenance and repair service or refurbishment to any council owned residential, domestic, industrial, educational or public building.
- To ensure that all activities conform to the relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work and/or relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to operate in a multi-task, multi-functional environment and perform designated jobs or multi-functional tasks.
- Must possess good diagnostic skills and experience to pre-inspect and diagnose requirements for repairs or new domestic, commercial and industrial installations or refurbishments.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Maintenance Technician/Plasterer experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Completed a recognised time served apprenticeship and/or completion of an accredited Building Craft training Scheme or attained a NVQ Level 3.
- Experience in housing maintenance field
- Punctual, reliable and ability to meet prioritised work.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Corporate Services / Facilities Management & Building Services / Plasterer
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 1-2 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited