Administrator – Health & Adult Social Care
Reference no: Bolton 97882
Pay Rate: £8.92 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
Bolton BL1 1
- What’s involved with this role:
To carry out a range of administrative duties for the Section with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
Duties to include:
- To ensure that independent sector residential and nursing payments are made in accordance with contractual obligation.
- To undertake the financial assessment and reassessment of clients in accordance with the assessment procedures laid down in connection with residential and nursing home placements in both local authority and independent sector homes and clients in receipt on Non-Residential services.
- To deal with queries from the public regarding charges for services the Department provides and to meet clients or their financial representatives on Council premises or at Residential/Nursing homes (if clients manage their own finances), to advise of the financial implications of going into Long Term Residential/Nursing care and to gather/verify information from various sources to ensure that all financial details are obtained to undertake accurate financial assessments and to communicate the outcome of the financial assessment to all relevant persons
- To assist in the Department’s payment process of residential and nursing home owners in the independent sector within own area of responsibility.
- To have knowledge of the methods of cash collection used to collect the Department’s charges and provide a cashier and banking service, as appropriate.
- Monitoring the collection and reconciliation of income raised from the levy of charges and undertake debt recovery work.
- To be responsible for the protection of valuable property and documents lodged by clients with the Finance, Income and Assessment Team, where the Council are appointee
- To collate half-yearly balances of accommodation charges and residents savings
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Administrator experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Must have debt management experience
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- ***Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role to support your application – PLEASE GIVE FULL DETAILS WITHIN YOUR CV DOCUMENT. THIS IS IMPORTANT
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Health & Adult Social Care / Admin & Clerical
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 3 months.
- Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited