Business Support Officer – Family Services [Standard DBS required]
Reference no: Barnet 822159
Pay Rate: £13.92 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
London N11 1
- What’s involved with this role:
To provide Adult Social Services managers who have responsibility for overseeing abuse investigations with an administrative and minute taking service to assist them in carrying out their duties as stated in the Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures.
The post holder will have contact with staff and managers at all levels and extensive contact with outside agencies.
Understand and contribute to the wider strategic aims of Adult Social Services and ensure that day to day administrative support is delivered to this philosophy.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Standard DBS in place [Disclosure no. & Issue date required]
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent administration experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- GCSE English Language Grade A or B equivalent.
- Experience in keeping accurate records and statistical information.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey detailed information clearly, effectively, accurately and appropriately.
- Used to working on own initiative without detailed supervision
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and use personal judgement on urgency within specific timescales
- Excellent keyboard skills and ability to use other IT systems efficiently and accurately.
- Aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to the role
- Highly accurate and efficient with a good eye for detail. Low error level.
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Training in IT systems used by the Department, SWIFT, SAP, WISDOM
- Customer Care training
- Short hand qualification
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Family Services /Admin & Clerical
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 1 month.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited