Campaigns Officer – Family Services
Reference no: Barnet 821712
Pay Rate: £25.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
London N11 1
- What’s involved with this role:
To establish marketing and publicity campaigns and opportunities to assist the Service in recruiting foster carers and adopters
To lead in collating performance information and other data needs across the Fostering and Adoption Service
Duties to include:
- Develop and implement the Service’s Marketing and Recruitment Strategy, to maximise the Service’s ability to recruit foster carers and adopters; regularly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the Strategy, providing regular progress reports.
- Engage with enquirers, applicants and existing carers to ensure up-to-date awareness of their views for the purpose of informing the Strategy.
- Maximise the use of performance information to analyse progress against clear improvement indicators to inform the Recruitment Strategy and focus recruitment campaigns to the needs of the borough.
- Take responsibility for developing publications, newsletters and other promotional materials, including children’s profiles (written and DVDs) for adoption exchange materials.
- Produce written information and a variety of materials to raise awareness of fostering and adoption within the borough.
- Plan and implement advertising campaigns using all media forms, particularly social media to ensure a consistent image and that campaigns are regularly refreshed and updated.
- Organise an ongoing programme of recruitment events, information sessions and other community events in connection with promoting the Service, including outreach work in the community with voluntary, public sector and commercial organisations, faith and other-community groups.
- Maintain and develop the Fostering and Adoption webpages on the Council’s website, to maximise the potential for access and engagement by the public
- Provide monthly data reports on key Service performance indicators and additional data reports to answer specific data needs as they arise within the Service or to address Freedom of Information requests.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- TO AVOID BEING REJECTED your CV should clearly state that you are AVAILABLE TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY OR AT SHORT NOTICE.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST CONTAIN ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent Campaigns Officer /Administrator experience, preferably within a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Good all-round standard of education – excellent literacy & numeracy skills
- Relevant BA – level qualification
- Significant experience working in a marketing/PR environment/ advertising / PR campaigns, projects, or initiatives
- Experience in commissioning design and print work
- Experience of working with electronic media, including writing Web content
- Budget management experience
- Data management and reporting experience
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Awareness of the needs of children in care, foster carers and adopters
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Fully proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Family Services / Marketing
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis. This opening assignment is for 6-7 months.
- Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Pay Basis: All vacancies are advertised at Triumph’s in-house PAYE rates of pay. We do, however, encourage all of our temps to actively consider the advantages of working their assignments via one of our external payroll company partners. Such (“umbrella”) arrangements are also PAYE based, but under them, most temps find themselves significantly better off in cash terms. More of this should you be appointed to the role …
*IF YOU WISH TO SEND A CV THROUGH TO US AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO APPLYING ON LINE, YOU MAY EMAIL IT DIRECTLY THROUGH TO:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
Triumph Consultants Limited